Thursday, April 7, 2011

Howl by Allen Ginsberg

        The poem " Howl by Allen Ginsberg " poem had a  dark and gloomy feeling to it . As i was reading the poem i felt  like the poet was telling the me a story about  his life. In part 1 of the poem captured me  he talks about people in his life . Allen  Spoke highly of these people , he even called them  " The best minds of my generation" but to me these people were unstable. He made these people sound poor, suicidal, crazy. These people sounded like the outcast of society . He used a lot of repetition to express himself in this poem.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the speaker gives voice to the underside of 1950s America--and tries to break through complacency with the power of the long-line rhythm, and image juxtapositions, showing the effects of a repressive culture, and to bring mainstream culture face-to-face with its dark underside and socio-political realities. See Other blogs and my comments, and study materials

    ReplyDelete