Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother To Son by Langston Hughes

 The poem " Mother To Son: by Langston Hughes is a classic. When I first read "Mother to son" I could relate to it immediately and to this day I use it  to cope with my personal life experiences. In this poem a African American mother is giving motivational but realistic advice to her son by explaining how hard her life as been because of the obstacles that she had to face. Even though she went through so much she still fought for what she wanted and what she believed in. She made it clear to her son  that his life probably wont be easy also but she advised him to pursue his goals no matter what obstacles he has to face. What I also loved about the poem besides the message was the language used in  this poem.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, what about the language? See my comments on Alexandria's blog in current blogs, and on Brooks work in blogs from previous classes

    ReplyDelete